Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Currently Coveting {hints of neon}

If you have been witnessing whole neon trend lately and wondering how on earth you are going to pull it off, don't worry you are not alone!  Whilst I have been admiring the trend from afar, I've not yet felt I could embrace it fully. But lately I've been starting to think that I could *maybe* dip my toe in the water so to speak and introduce some hints of neon to my outfits...


Here are a few looks that have inspired me....




How do you add just a hint? Start small with accessories - a clutch, a belt or even a pair of shoes. These Anne Taylor flats are a good place to start. Then if you're feeling more adventurous, go bolder with a bag or satchel. Most of all: have fun!






Have you been experimenting with neon lately?


Rachel xo




Image credits: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 

15 comments:

  1. I am too doing the neon trend in small doses - a necklace and the shirt in image 5 (I have it with neon pink on top).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely love to add a sprinkle of neon! Great post Rachel :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. neon is not for me, as it simply doesn't suit my skin tone, but I say go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! I've been admiring this trend from afar, but a little nervous to try it myself. These are great ways to add in just a pop, without being a walking highlighter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to say pass to this trend. But what doesn't work for you can look amazing on someone else. :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm more of a neutral girl myself... But those shows in the first pic are really cute! Thanks for the inspiration today, Rachel!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a hint of neon! Especially those shoes!!!!!! LOVE! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am such a neutrals girl but i have been trying some neon pink lipstick. I love the look...just not sure it is for me with my usual palette of grey/cream/black/white/navy and the odd bit of tan and burgundy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of neon but it's always been a little bit too daring for me. Those Ann Taylor flats are a good place to start though.... Love all your pics!

    Danielle xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I want those shoes! Hope you had a good day Rachel x :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a gorgeous little collection! I love the look of those shoes! x

    Kate {Something Fabulous}
    http://thesomethingfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually don't own any neon but I love the idea of it! I'd take that clutch and the flats in a heartbeat!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shoes with the neon toes & I think I'll be wearing a bit of neon bright on my toes this summer!

    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the flats Rachel! I've seen a good DIY tutorial for that on pinterest. Hope the weeks going well. Xxx

    ReplyDelete