Monday, February 20, 2012

Inspired Life :: Ghandi's top 10 fundamentals for changing the world

Happy Monday friends, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We finally had our first real summer weekend here with absolutely glorious weather, so much so that I forgot to put sunscreen on and got burnt - oops! Ah well, it was still so lovely to be outside and enjoy the weather.


Today I'm starting a new series on the blog I'm calling Inspired Life that I hope will plant a seed, however small, to inspire you to lead a life well-lived + create the life you had always imagined. 


I feel strongly opening your mind + challenging yourself to things that may seem out of reach + I want this blog to reflect this sentiment, so sharing these ideas seemed only natural.


I thought it fitting to start off with the thoughts of Ghandi - someone who I find incredibly inspiring + whose ideas and philosophies, centred on non-violent resistance, helped lead India to independence.


Here are Ghandi's Top 10 Fundamentals for Changing the World...

1. Change yourself.

2. You are in control.

3. Forgive + let go.



4. Without action you aren't going anywhere.

5. Take care of this moment.



6. Everyone is human.

7. Persist.

8. See the good in people + help them.



9. Be congruent, be authentic + be your true self.

10. Continue to grow + evolve.

Oh, + I've also set up a Pinterest board to document pieces of inspiration I find along the way!


I hope your week is off to a brilliant start lovelies,


Rachel xo




Image credit: Note to Self

17 comments:

  1. Great idea Rachel. I look forward to seeing more if this series :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great list to live by! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great words to live by. I really needed this- thanks Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice -- Especially on a Monday morning.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful new series! I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves. Great words to live by. xo
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These words are very inspiring and how simple they may seem, mastering them all is an art I think. Looking forward to this series, seems like a great idea! And you had a Summer weekend, oh that must have been so wonderful... I can't wait till temperatures rise over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to like this series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful post (and words) to start the week in the positive way...

    Rachel, thank you so much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a wonderful post with great beauties

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic words of wisdom...thanks for the inspiration Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such good words of advice! Totally printing this out and putting on my fridge to remember every day!

    xx
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel, I love this new segment! We all need a little reminder every so often to keep ourselves in check. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for 'inspired life'...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rachel, what a great post and how motivating. Thanks a lot! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great words, looking forward to this series!xx

    ReplyDelete