Sunday, January 10, 2010

So French, So Chic

France has to be number one on my 'places to visit' list. There is something incredibly alluring about everything French - the people, the fashion and especially the interiors, which instantly conjure up dreamy and romantic-like images in my mind. So, I really couldn't resist dedicating a post to French interiors.




French decor is so pretty and feminine yet so elegant and ornate. The base colour palette is generally quite pale and muted, however bolder colours are used as accents to really highlight certain features. Patterns are common as are the details on furniture draw knobs and handles which can be quite fancy.

 


Even if you don't want to go out all French, some smart accessories such as mirrors, chandeliers and flowers will give a room a definite French inspired feel.








Have a lovely Sunday!

Rachel xo

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful images, such a great find. I'm in love with france too, i will eventually live there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. france is at the top of my list, as well! how glamorous would it feel to wake up in such eloquent homes fit for a queen! swoon. for sure!
    xo-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing photos! I love the garden pics and the kitchen and that purple bureau is fabulous!

    I am a total francophile too.

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete